FOR BANDS AND ARTISTS
+++ an application is currently not possible – Support-Tour Funding is being suspended in 2021 – more information here +++
Please note: The English translation exclusively serves informational purposes; solely the German version is binding.
PURPOSE OF THE FUNDING PROGRAMME
The dialog with Berlin music experts and musicians showed that especially the up-and-coming, emerging bands have difficulties to play on stage in front of larger publics. To play as support act or opening act for a known main band on national or international stages enables to expand your audience and fanbase and to gain valuable experience in live performances. But to be on tour with a band for a longer period, generally exceeds the financial budget of younger bands, that is why Musicboard established the programme Support-Tour Funding.
The band or artist have made Berlin their main place of residence and work. The applicants’ country of origin is irrelevant. At the time of application, the date of the tour with a well known band has to be fixed, as well as, any possible expenses for accommodation, equipment and travel/transport costs.
The Musicboard Berlin GmbH grants funding up to 2.500,00 € per per tour (national or international). This is the maximum possible sum. You cannot apply for it as a lump-sum but need to calculate the actual costs incurring.
The funding can be received once a year and two years in a row at most.
Note: The Musicboard especially focuses on the support of female artists in pop culture. Musicboard will consider a 50% funding of female artists in the programme Support-Tour Funding in 2021, too.
Application Deadline & Review
Bands and artists can apply for Support-Tour Funding from around February until November 30, 2021. Applications are constantly reviewed. Only fully completed applications and documents can be considered. These must be submitted via online form at least three weeks before the start of the tour. All information will be treated as confidential and used only for the application process and funding purposes.
Funding in the programme Support-Tour Funding is awarded through the Musicboard Berlin GmbH upon recommendation of an independent jury of Berlin-based pop experts. Since 2020 the following jury has been appointed for a three-year term of office:
- Andrea Wünsche, booker Monkeytown Booking
- Sebastian Hoffmann, consultat, programme director and organiser Down by the River Festival
Short information about the jury members can be found here.
The following application documents for the Support-Tour Funding Programme must be submitted online only:
- Fully completed application form, including a project description
- Tour schedule including venues and dates
- Confirmation of the touring band
- Overview about your artistic professional history including stage experience, performances/gigs, and cooperations with other artists/musicicans
- Financial plan indicating the requested amount of funding
- Copy of registration issued by the registration office (Meldebestätigung des Einwohneramts) or identity card of all band members – for non-EU nationals: copy of your passport, including the pages indicating titel of residence, duration of the stay and type of work permit. IMPORTANT: Berlin must be clearly evident as place of residence!
LINK TO ONLINE FORM
An application is currently not possible.
FURTHER INFORMATION & DOCUMENTS
- Musicboard funding guideline:
- Financialplan template Support-Tour Funding:
We’re happy to answer questions regarding the application for the Support-Tour Funding orogram via email or telephone:
- Consultation by telephone:
Tel: +49 (0)30 280 467 67